Live Website Case Study – TurboBikeTrainer.com
This page walks you through the creation of the TurboBikeTrainer.com website. This website makes money via affiliate commission whenever someone buys a turbo trainer (a device that lets you use your road bike indoors).
You will learn how to create your own website that displays product price comparisons and makes money via affiliate sales.
What you will learn
- How to install WordPress.
- How to install a special WordPress theme (and the Genesis Framework).
- How to style the WordPress theme (e.g. add a background image).
- How to design and make your own logo (for free).
- How to create a custom post type (the easy way).
- How to style a custom post type via a content template (the easy way).
- How to find products and add an affiliate price comparison.
- How to add a filter product list to your website.
- How to add a primary navigation menu bar to your website.
- How to add an email newsletter signup box.
- How to add text to the header of the website.
- More to come…
TurboBikeTrainer.com website walk through tutorials…
I use a local environment (i.e. I do all of these tutorials directly off a local server on my laptop). See how I set up WordPress on my own local development environment in less than 5 minutes.
Guides and Tutorials
Creating a background image that will be used as the background for the TurboBikeTrainer.com website. Simple editing using GIMP.
See how to set up the Genesis Framework and Metro Pro child theme and then add a background image to the website.
See how to create the TurboBikeTrainer.com logo using FREE raster and vector software GIMP and Inkscape.
Quickly add a custom website logo to the Genesis Metro Pro theme and edit the dimensions so it fits perfectly to you website.
Custom post types help you organise your website content and make it easier to add new content quickly. See how I do this using the Types WordPress plugin.
Posts, pages, or custom post types can all be formatted and styled using custom post templates. See how I style the Turbo Trainer product posts using the Views plugin.
Learn how I use the WordPress plugin Datafeedr to add a price comparison to my turbo trainer product pages.
This tutorial walks through how to use the WP Views plugin to add a list of products to the home page and allow them to be filtered by site visitors.
[Video] Quick video showing you how to display a navigation bar on your WordPress website. Part of the TurboBikeTrainer.com case studies series.
[VIDEO] See how to easily add an email newsletter sign up to your WordPress website. Email subscribers are key to your websites success.
Learn how to add text to the header area of your WordPress website. Part of the case study series re-building the TurboBikeTrainer.com website.